You’ll never run out of fun and interesting things to do and enjoy while staying here:
- A short drive to Hot Springs opens the door for adventure on the French Broad River: fishing, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing.
- Hot Springs Spa – Soak in naturally hot mineral water along Spring Creek and the French Broad River, or relax with a soothing massage!
- Hot Springs is home to several annual festivals and interesting events including the French Broad River Festival, Wild Goose Festival, and the Skirmish at Warm Springs Encampment (a Civil War re-enactment).
- Nearby Max Patch, a bald mountain, with incredible 360 degree views at the top and access to the Appalachian Trail is a popular location for hiking, picnicking, watching the sunset, star gazing, etc.
- Fowler Farms Sporting Clays – Clay shooting in the mountains; shotgun rentals, and ammunition available on site.
- Addison Farms Wine Vineyards is located between Mountain Valley Cabins and Asheville. A family owned and operated vineyard and winery, offering tastings, tours, and sales.
- Travel to Asheville is a scenic drive of 45 minutes to an hour. However, there is so much to do there… shopping, dining, entertainment, and many attractions.
- Biltmore Estate is a grand place to tour any time of the year; the Christmas season is spectacular! Plan to spend a full day roaming through this 250-room “castle” situated on more than 8000 acres.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway offers a picturesque self-guided driving tour through several states with entry and exit points in Asheville, Waynesville and Maggie Valley; great to view the leaves changing in October!
- About an hour south of Mountain Valley Cabins is the Cherokee Indian Reservation & Casino. Experience Native American lifestyle on the reservation; check out the museum and shops or try your luck in the casino!
Planning to get married, renew your vows, or an anniversary celebration:
- Check with our friends at Mountain Fiesta. They have a gorgeous hillside venue with an old barn and a gazebo surrounded by the natural beauty of Spring Creek in Madison County NC. Brenda Jane will help you create the backdrop for an unforgettable celebration!
For a sumptuous meal prepared by a private chef:
- Local private chef and caterer Mauricio Abreu (Chef Mo) will create a superb meal to delight your senses. Contact Chef Mo at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special romantic dinner.
Restaurants and shops nearby:
- Smoky Mountain Diner – Home cooking in Hot Springs; breakfast, lunch, and early dinner–something for everyone!
- Iron Horse Station – Upscale restaurant and bar in an historic downtown building; a friendly and casual atmosphere.
- Spring Creek Tavern – Overlooking Spring Creek in Hot Springs; salads, wraps, burgers, and pizza from their wood-fired oven—local craft beer on tap—live music.
- ArtiSun Gallery and Marketplace – Offering local art, crafts, jewelry, and pottery; wine shoppe, coffee counter, and baked goods.